[LLVMdev] Integrated ARM assembler

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue Feb 5 06:27:02 PST 2013

Hi all,

I remember the discussion about promoting the integrated ARM assembler  as
the default option, but I don't remember the outcome.

While compiling on ARM, I noticed that clang is not setting the
integrated-as by default and is calling GAS before LD, which sometimes
cause confusion (GAS doesn't like using r13 as a GPR, for instance).

While this is unpredictable in Thumb, it's still allowed in ARM mode
(though frowned upon). But aside from discussing the SP issue, is there
anything holding the integrated assembler back from being on by default?

cheers,
--renato