[LLVMdev] Reporting errors when applying fixups

Matheus Almeida Matheus.Almeida at imgtec.com
Tue Dec 3 05:36:57 PST 2013

For a target that hasn't implemented branch relaxation (yet),  does anyone know what is the preferred way to report an error if a fixup cannot be applied because, for example, the destination of a branch is out of range?
I suppose I could use asserts just like AArch64 is doing but that won't stop the assembler of emitting a branch to an undesired location in release builds.
Does anyone see any problem in using report_fatal_error to report errors in the target Asm backend ?

Regards,
Matheus

Matheus Almeida
MIPS processor IP