[LLVMdev] [Polly] Update of Polly compile-time performance on LLVM test-suite

Star Tan tanmx_star at yeah.net
Thu Aug 1 05:39:09 PDT 2013

>However, I have noticed that there are many other Polly patches between the two version r185399 and r187116. They may also affect the compile-time performance. I would re-evaluate LLVM-testsuite to see the performance improvements caused only by our patch file.

Performance evaluation for our single "ScopDetection String Operation Patch" (r187102) can be viewed on:
http://188.40.87.11:8000/db_default/v4/nts/18?compare_to=24&baseline=24
The only difference between the two runs is whether they use the r187102 patch file, i.e., run_id=18 is with the r187102 patch file, while run_id=24 is without the r187102 patch file.

Results show that this patch file significantly reduces compile time for tramp3d-v4(24.41%), simple_types_constant_folding(13.47%) and oggenc(9.68%). It does not affect the execution performance at all since it only removes some string operations for debugging.

Cheers,
Star Tan