[LLVMdev] SPIR provisional specifciation is now available in the Khronos website

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Wed Sep 12 15:01:55 PDT 2012

Boaz,

The current specification provides a mechanism for handling
FP_CONTRACT, but does so only at the module level. After much debate,
we have adopted and implemented a way of handling FP_CONTRACT in
clang/LLVM through the llvm.fmuladd intrinsic (currently in trunk). I
suggest that the proposed spir.disable.FP CONTRACT metadata be replaced
with the current llvm.fmuladd-based mechanism.

 -Hal

Hal Finkel
Postdoctoral Appointee
Leadership Computing Facility