[LLVMdev] Announcement: Phabricator for code reviews

Manuel Klimek klimek at google.com
Thu Oct 18 15:57:09 PDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 12:23 AM, Jakob Stoklund Olesen <stoklund at 2pi.dk>wrote:

> On Oct 18, 2012, at 2:45 PM, Manuel Klimek <klimek at google.com> wrote:
>
> I hear you, but I'd be interested in why OAuth is a problem for you
>

> The privacy policies you would have to agree to are really scary, possibly
> even illegal in Europe.
>
> It seems like a completely unnecessary obstacle to participating in code
> review.
>
> Are you concerned about unauthorized reviews? Drive-by LGTMs?

I'm not concerned at all. I think having a login has a lot of usability
features for a website (showing you your configured stuff, setting up
rules, etc). I myself was surprised that phabricator didn't offer a simple
"sign me up with a name and an insecure password I hand you" workflow.

Cheers,
/Manuel