[LLVMdev] [compiler-rt] is the arm lib complete?

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Fri Nov 16 12:21:35 PST 2012

Hello

It seems you misses several points here...

> So, you mean I should compile libc with clang and link with compiler-rt too?
> But how can we expect a user of compiler-rt have a libc compiled in this
> way? It's a part of gcc's src code...
No it is not

> If compiler-rt is a complete lib, it should also cover these functions, right?
Yes and no. Yes - it should cover all library functions as defined by
ARM EABI. Right now it misses some, but the calls to them are not
generated by clang. No - in general it should not cover gcc's internal
functions. Though it can cover *some* functions which are important.

So, in your case we need to include _aeabi* and _sync* functions, yes.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov