[LLVMdev] How step into TableGen-generated files from xcode?

Greg Fitzgerald garious at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 19:01:37 PST 2012

I hope to make Xcode my primary debugging tool for LLVM, but there's just
one quirk in an otherwise wonderfully working IDE.  Using Xcode 4.5 with
clang 3.0, I'm unable to set a breakpoint in any TableGen-generated .inc
files.  I notice Xcode doesn't do syntax highlighting either, despite
explicitly setting the filetype in the "Identity and Type" window.

I can see that I've built object files with the correct debug symbols:

$ objdump --dwarf=decodedline
lib/Target/ARM/LLVM.build/Debug/LLVMARMCodeGen.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/ARMCodeEmitter.o
| grep "\.inc"

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,
Greg