[LLVMdev] Mips instructions using llvm?

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 17:54:37 PST 2012

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 5:45 PM, janarbek <canarbekmatay at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > What do you mean by "kind of vague" ? So does not guarantee to generate
> correct instructions ?
>
> >Your question is vague.  Generally, you get better answers if you ask
> better questions.
>
> Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. My question is does that
> mean institution generated may not guarantee what the "instructions" mean
> to be ?
>
> >This sounds like you are using headers that do not support MIPS.
>
>  So can I fix this? In my hello.c code I have only stdio.h header file.

The issue here is that you don't just need some arbitrary stdio.h, you need
one that corresponds to your target.  Without knowing what that target is,
it's hard to say more.

What I meant by "kind of vague" is that MIPS is a CPU architecture, not a
target.  Consider if you said, for example, "I want to generate x86-64
code": did you want code for Windows, or Ubuntu, or OS X, or something
else?  They're all very different.  (My example is x86 because I'm not
familiar with common MIPS targets.)

-Eli