[LLVMdev] New benchmark in test-suite

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Wed Nov 7 00:43:49 PST 2012

On 6 November 2012 22:34, Daniel Dunbar <daniel at zuster.org> wrote:
> You are right, the failure on compile_time indicates that the test isn't
> even building. As provided, the tests don't actually define the cpuida() or
> calculateMHz() functions so that seems expected to me.

I defined both functions as NOPs.

I got what it was. The original makefile had a "-o lloops" on the
compile command and I wrongfully copied it to the LDFLAGS, so it was
generating the binary on the current dir, not on the Output dir, where
it should belong. :)

> The compile failures end up getting buried in the logs, but they will either
> be in the test.log file in the top-level sandbox directory, or inside the
> <filename>.llvm.o.compile files in the Output directory for that test (i.e.
> SingleSource/Benchmarks/LivermoreLoops/Output/...).

Yes, I saw those logs and they were fine (3 warnings, 0 errors), so I
got confused. Is there a place where you log the verbose Makefile
output? That would have given me a better clue as to what was
happening.

cheers,
--renato