[LLVMdev] Minor correction to the Visual Studio documentation

Mikael Lyngvig mikael at lyngvig.org
Sun May 27 02:45:59 PDT 2012

I most politely retract my statement about GnuWin32.  I can see now, that
I've some experience in building LLVM, that it is mandatory.  So be it :-)

However, I have been playing around with the idea of making stand-alone
.NET tools to replace the GNU tools.  But that approach only works on a
small, limited number of platforms and .NET programs aren't exactly known
to be overly fast.  So I kneel before GnuWin32 :-)

The only other set of tools I know for this purpose are the UnxUtils
package, but I don't think it is being maintained actively anymore.  So it
is probably not usable.  And, again, I spoke too early, knowing too little
about the whole ordeal.

Cheers,
Mikael
-- Love Thy Frog!