[LLVMdev] MCJIT

Kaylor, Andrew andrew.kaylor at intel.com
Fri May 11 12:44:25 PDT 2012

Hi Braxton,

I think it's very good.  All of the ExecutionEngine tests pass.  I'm not aware of any major defects.

I don't believe that the current implementation sets the permissions on JITed memory as you might wish.  Namely, I think executable memory may be left writeable and data memory may be executable.  The current interface is also somewhat limited.  Basically, you pass a Module to the constructor, it JITs that Module immediately and then you can get the address of individual functions to execute them.  What is there works though.

-Andy