[LLVMdev] JIT support for inline asm on Linux

Bendersky, Eli eli.bendersky at intel.com
Mon May 7 00:21:49 PDT 2012

> Hi,
>    I'm using LLVM/clang from release 3.0. I have a program (C++) that will load
> a library in the form of LLVM bit code using the JIT. However, I see JIT errors
> when loading the bit code:
>
> "LLVM ERROR: JIT does not support inline asm"
>
>    I read that MC JIT intends to fix this. I'm trying to build LLVM from the
> lastest trunk. Is there any special/extra thing to do to use MCJIT when
> creating the JIT in my program?
>
>    If this is not the right mailing list, please do point me in the correct direction.

MCJIT is functional in trunk (and the 3.1 branch). While it doesn't include all the features of the old JIT quite yet, it's complete enough to pass all of JIT's execution tests on Linux and Mac OS X (no Windows yet). As for directions on how to enable it, follow the path of the "use-mcjit" flag passed to lli (in tools/lli/lli.cpp).

Good luck,

Eli

Intel Israel (74) Limited