[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] is configure+make dead yet?

hume npx humeafo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 19:55:05 PDT 2012

Hi, Óscar:
  nice to hear some voice on this. about LLVM_TOOLS_BINARY_DIR, yes, it
made the installed version work only, if you'd like the uninstalled version
to work, it should be detected as you suggested.

  about LLVM_INSTALL_PREFIX the purpose is to make it really relocatable,
eg, when installed under /lib/llvm I just later need to move the
installation tree to /lusr/local/lib/llvm without re-run cmake and the
time-boring build/install process, and this is especially convinient on
Windows. Use CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR while not the absolute predefined
LLVM_INSTALL_PREFIX is just to give the freedom to this, if just installed and
not moved, this will work identical to the value original absolute
LLVM_INSTALL_PREFIX points.

CMAKE_MODULE_PATH should be corrected for installed version, it's still
points to the source tree location while not the install tree location, if
you removed/moved the source tree after installation, the installed version
will not work properly, surely this is not we wanted?

as to uninstalled support, I think current script doesn'tsupport the cmake
usage properly, If this is needed, some further work should be made.