[LLVMdev] is configure+make dead yet?

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Thu Jun 21 15:46:43 PDT 2012

On 06/21/2012 04:22 PM, Óscar Fuentes wrote:
> About the "many features" that cmake lacks, can you provide a list,
> please?

Generally it works fairly well, but here are some differences to the
autoconf-based build I noticed:

- No 'make uninstall'. That is a real deal breaker if you want to
quickly try a new LLVM version. I know that cmake doesn't provide this
out of the box, but then it should be added as a custom target.

- No libLLVM-<version>.so. I get this with the autoconf-based build if
shared libraries are enabled, but not with the cmake build.

- libclang ends up as liblibclang.so (building clang along with LLVM).
Surely that's not intended?

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag