[LLVMdev] is configure+make dead yet?

Joshua Cranmer pidgeot18 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 07:32:37 PDT 2012

On 6/20/2012 8:13 PM, Nick Lewycky wrote:
> Is there anybody who is certain that our autoconf dependency needs to
> stay around? Are there developers stuck on systems that don't have a
> recent enough cmake in their most recent release, or maybe are using
> some features from configure+make that the cmake build system doesn't
> implement?

Note that the LLVM documentation (e.g.,
<http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html>) treats the
configure-and-make build system as canonical, and I recall when I first
used the cmake build system, I was told that one thing I was trying to
do was unsupported in the cmake build (I've forgotten what it was though).

--
Joshua Cranmer
News submodule owner