[LLVMdev] Windows development and "virus" in LLVM test suite

Mikael Lyngvig mikael at lyngvig.org
Fri Jun 15 20:11:44 PDT 2012

Well, I actually ended up writing a compromise of compromises:

The recommended course of action is that you do this:

#. Disable your anti-virus solution.
#. Pull the LLVM test suite from the `LLVM website <http://www.llvm.org>`_.
#. Add the file
``%LLVMDIR%\\projects\\test-suite\\MultiSource\\Applications\\ClamAV\\inputs\\rtf-test\\rtf1.rtf``
   to your anti-virus ignore list.  Alternatively, you can, at your own
   responsibility, add the entire ``%LLVMDIR%`` directory tree to your
   anti-virus solution's ignore list.  This will likely speed up your
   builds as the anti-virus solution does not need to inspect each and every
   file over and over again while building.

So, we're covered in all cases.  I think the antivirus was the reason that
an LLVM build just took about an hour on my Core i7.  Normally it only
takes like twenty or thirty minutes IF I recall correctly.