[LLVMdev] clang: error: argument unused during compilation: '--analyze'

Anna Zaks ganna at apple.com
Fri Jun 1 10:38:09 PDT 2012

Umesh,

We encourage users of the analyzer to rely on scan-build or XCode to run the analyzer on their code base. The 'clang --analyze' command should be viewed as an implementation detail as this interface will change after we add inter-module analyzes.

Looks like you are getting the error because the analyzer is not compatible with "-MM -MP -MT HAS_manager_controller.o" options.

Anna.