[LLVMdev] clang: error: argument unused during compilation: '--analyze'

Umesh Kalappa umesh.kalappa0 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 00:43:57 PDT 2012

Hi All,

We are trying  to run   clang on our code base with the static analuzer
enabled  by option "--analyze" .But we couldn't succed to run the same :(
and here is the command line options we tried while runing the clang

clang -MM -MP -MT HAS_manager_controller.o --analyze  -Wall -Werror -g
-DHASMGR_DEBUG_HEAP -DHASMGR_ENABLE_METRICS_OUTPUT
-I/root/projects/samples/internals/hasmanger_27_feb_2012/HASMGR/
../HAS_manager_controller.c
clang: error: argument unused during compilation: '--analyze'

For you reference
 root at localhost simple_player]# clang --version
 clang version 3.2 (trunk)
 Target: i386-pc-linux-gnu
 Thread model: posix

Any inputs will be really appreciate