[LLVMdev] 64-bit Attributes?

Kostya Serebryany kcc at google.com
Thu Jan 12 12:18:45 PST 2012

The change is not just to replace "typedef unsigned Attributes"
with "typedef uint64_t Attributes".
The problem is that 'unsigned' is used instead of 'Attributes' all over the
place.
How about implementing Attributes as a class with 64-bit integer under the
hood?
This will protect us from erroneous casts to/from 32-bit unsigned.
I have a change half-done but I want to know llvmdev's opinion before
proceeding.

--kcc