[LLVMdev] llvm 32bit with 64bit output?

Flexicat01 nekroze.lives at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 02:53:58 PST 2012

I did try the cygwin mingw-x86_64 but i couldn't get llvm to compile, but i
did try and compile clang and compiler_rt as well, may have to try again
soon. On windows i'm not interesting in i686 or any 32 bit compiling just 64
bit alone but i don't need a jit anyways for my language.

If i use the cygwin environment to build llvm do i have to use cmake or can
i use the standard configure scripts and make off of that. I know that cmake
can output msys and mingw makefiles but i thought they where for msys shells
and mingw being used from the windows command prompt, whereas cygwin being a
more or less complete posix environment emulation im not sure if it needs
cmake or which make system to output.