[LLVMdev] Getting Started

Varol varol at ParallelAxiom.com
Sat Dec 1 02:48:45 PST 2012

Sorry to chime in, this is just killing me.

First off thanks for the effort in thinking about the issue and
providing a convenient solution for beginners.

Here is the killer for the LLVM mailing list to argue for or against
bash, python Perl, etc c'mon, lets add ruby, Lua and NodeJS.
I completely agree with the notion that it is cool to learn a new
scripting language what is more important is consistency. If I have to
install all of the above it is an issue. If the project stays with E.g.
bash or Python it does not matter. Any decent OS will support it unless
you want to do this in an embedded environment.

I personally would love to see this done through C++ scriptlets. I love,
love, love cling !!! Before cling I was dearly in love with CINT. But
hey, that's just me :)

Thanks again for this initiative. I think it is a good thing to give
some one who wants to start out.

Varol