[LLVMdev] powerpc XFAIL question

William J. Schmidt wschmidt at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Aug 27 06:57:43 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm investigating the following test case that reports as an unexpected
pass on powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu.

    Clang : CodeGenCXX/member-alignment.cpp

This test case is marked as XFAIL for arm and powerpc. However, the test
passes fine for powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu. There are two tests of this
form:

        void
        t::bar(void) {
        // CHECK: _ZN1t3barEv{{.*}} align 2
        }

For these member functions, the "align 2" clause is output as it's
supposed to be, and the final alignment generated for Clang and GCC is
identical.

Question:  Does anyone know on what flavor of powerpc this is expected
to fail, and why?  Or should I just remove powerpc from the XFAIL list
for this test?

Thanks,
Bill

--