[LLVMdev] how to get path profile information ?

erkan diken erkandiken at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 02:15:42 PDT 2012

Dear all,

I have already checked some related posted messages, such as:

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2008-January/012315.html and
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2008-February/012466.html

After getting rid of some error messages, I was able to run the following
commands:

1) opt -insert-path-profiling matmul.bc -o matmul.pp.bc
2) lli -load ../llvm_build/Debug+Asserts/lib/libprofile_rt.so matmul.pp.bc
(generates llvmprof.out file)

and as a last command:
3) opt -path-profile-loader -profile-info-file=llvmprof.out matmul.pp.bc
-analyze

which provides the following output:

Printing analysis 'Load path profile information from file':
Pass::print not implemented for pass: 'Path Profiling Information Loader'!

After trying several options, this is where i was able to reach, but still
it does not provide what i need.

I am a bit confused about which commands to apply and in which order and
with which parameters.
Maybe someone who is already using path profiling can provide me some
useful information.

Thanks in advance.
Erkan.