[LLVMdev] [LLVM, llvm-mc, AsmParser] Symbol locations.

Stepan Dyatkovskiy STPWORLD at yandex.ru
Thu Sep 8 04:23:00 PDT 2011

Hi everybody. I found that there are some problems with symbol location in AsmParser.
1. We need to know where symbol was declared.
2. We need to know where symbol was defined first time.

There are two ways:
1. Add helper table to the parser with additional symbol info. But it takes additional memory consumption.
2. Add user tag (void*) for MCSymbol object. As I understood MCSymbol can live without asm sources, so we can't add info field directly. But the user tags is pretty common practice for this cases.

So, what are you think about it?

Stepan