[LLVMdev] Internal API Changes

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Sun Sep 4 23:38:29 PDT 2011

Hi Talin,

> So, I just sync'd to LLVM tip and added the call to DIBuilder::finalize(). But
> even with that change I am getting an error when I try to run llc:
>
> Assertion failed: (TheCU && "Unable to find compile unit!"), function
> endFunction, file
> /Users/talin/Projects/llvm/lib/CodeGen/AsmPrinter/DwarfDebug.cpp, line 1306.
>
> And looking at the .bc dissassembly, I see there are indeed compile unit
> MDNodes, although at this level I can't tell if they are hooked up correctly.

you might want to take a look at this llvm-gcc commit:

r137753 | dpatel | 2011-08-16 23:03:26 +0200 (Tue, 16 Aug 2011) | 3 lines

DIBuilder is moving forward to reduce in memory use by MDNodes. However,
DIFactory does not emit debug info in updated form.
Use LLVMDebugVersion10 directly here so that debug info nodes produced by
DIFactory do not claim to adhere newer structure.

Ciao, Duncan.