[LLVMdev] Internal API Changes

Talin viridia at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 17:26:16 PDT 2011

So, I just sync'd to LLVM tip and added the call to DIBuilder::finalize().
But even with that change I am getting an error when I try to run llc:

Assertion failed: (TheCU && "Unable to find compile unit!"), function
endFunction, file
/Users/talin/Projects/llvm/lib/CodeGen/AsmPrinter/DwarfDebug.cpp, line 1306.

And looking at the .bc dissassembly, I see there are indeed compile unit
MDNodes, although at this level I can't tell if they are hooked up
correctly.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 9:07 AM, Devang Patel <dpatel at apple.com> wrote:

> On Aug 22, 2011, at 6:48 AM, Irina Lipov wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I saw your update regarding "*The DIBuilder interface used by front ends
> to encode debugging information in the LLVM IR now expects clients to use
> DIBuilder::finalize() at the end of translation unit to complete debugging
> information encoding"*
>  Does it mean that in the new version you defer emission of some debug
> info until  the translation  is finished and this is a reason to use
> DIBuilder::finalize?
>

> Before this change, each type, subprogram and global variable information
> used to refer compile unit directly. Now, the compile unit keeps track of
> all these info directly. The compile unit MDNode is updated in the
> ::finalize() with list of types, subprograms etc..
> -
> Devang

-- Talin