[LLVMdev] is anyone using the sparc backend?

Johannes Birgmeier e0902998 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Oct 24 23:28:21 PDT 2011

> I'm removing old targets that no longer appear actively maintained,
> to reduce the burden for target-independent codegen maintenance.
But these targets often provide very valuable "live" documentation!
Especially since the LLVM documentation does not provide a complete
overview of features at all. If you remove them from the master, they
should be available for reference somewhere else. I particularly object
to the removal of sparc, which uses a lot of features and is a very
important backend reference.

Regards,
Johannes