[LLVMdev] Question regarding basic-block placement optimization

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Sun Oct 23 01:14:52 PDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 1:11 AM, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at google.com>wrote:

> Ok, I think I have a working pass that is based much more on what we've
> talked about here. The patch is attached. I'd love to commit it soon-ish and
> then start tweaking it based on feedback from you, others, and looking at
> how it actually works in the wild.

After chatting briefly w/ Owen in IRC, he encouraged me to just commit this
as it's behind an off-by-default flag, and not touching anything else. I'm
going to go ahead with that so I can more easily start working on statistics
and clean up associated other stuff. It'll also help me debug some weird
probabilities.

Feel free to carry on with discussion here or on the commit thread. =]
Thanks again for all the really great feedback and thoughts!!