[LLVMdev] Question regarding basic-block placement optimization

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Wed Oct 19 05:52:29 PDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 5:50 AM, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at google.com>wrote:

> Ok, wow that wasn't hard at all. This is still *very* much a rough draft,
> but it's probably better to review that the previous patch. One big caveat,
> I know I have an iteration bug in here somewhere that is inf-looping. Just
> ran out of steam debugging it, will pick it back up again later today to
> shake it out.

Oh, of course, i'm not updating the terminators yet... I'll add that...

Could that cause an infloop when iterating over MBBs in a function?
Specifically what I'm seeing is a single MBB iterator which when incremented
returns itself. Every time. even calling 'dump' on the MachineFunction
inf-loops, so clearly I've corrupted the state of the function somehow.