[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] Release: Two Weeks 'Til 3.0 Branch

John Wiegley jwiegley at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 17:55:44 PDT 2011

> I do not know the history here, but I do not see a problem with you setting
> up a buildbot. Did someone specifically object?

I think it was simply that no one responded.

> However, buildbots do require that someone is actively watching them and
> helping if breakage occurs (ie. developers may not have access to a windows
> box to reproduce). I think more testing in this area is always good,
> especially since Windows is not really supported for releases.. its a step
> in that direction if we have people to support it.

We already do daily builds in Windows, and we have an "upstream" BuildBot for
Windows with Visual Studio 2008.  Or we may have disabled it because it kept
breaking.  Dave knows better what the current status is, and if we have the
resources to pay as much attention to it as may be needed.

John