[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] Release: Two Weeks 'Til 3.0 Branch

Tanya Lattner lattner at apple.com
Fri Oct 7 16:14:24 PDT 2011

On Oct 7, 2011, at 1:29 AM, John Wiegley wrote:

>> If we had a larger set of volunteers that could help qualify releases AND
>> buildbots to continuously test the new release criteria, then we are willing
>> to expand this criteria. We haven't had a lot of volunteers step up in this
>> area though.
>
> Just to note, BoostPro has already expressed a willing to run some BuildBot to
> do Windows testing.  I'm not sure it met with much response, though.

I do not know the history here, but I do not see a problem with you setting up a buildbot. Did someone specifically object?

However, buildbots do require that someone is actively watching them and helping if breakage occurs (ie. developers may not have access to a windows box to reproduce). I think more testing in this area is always good, especially since Windows is not really supported for releases.. its a step in that direction if we have people to support it.

Thanks,
Tanya