[LLVMdev] Exception Handling Proposal, Second round Re: LLVMdev Digest, Vol 83, Issue 30

Peter Lawrence peterl95124 at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 18 08:35:38 PDT 2011

Renato,
                I agree with what Andrew said, but would have worded
it differently. All optimizers (that
I am aware of) require explicit control flow, so things like
exception-throwing-divide-instructions
need to be converted into IR that are Block-Terminators.  Andrew was
explaining how this is
a non-performance issue in practice, I am explaining how this is a
requirement of how optimizer
are implemented in practice.

-Peter Lawrence.