[LLVMdev] Parallelization

Gokul Ramaswamy ramaswamy at cse.iitb.ac.in
Tue Mar 22 08:19:32 PDT 2011

Hi All,

   I am new to LLVM. So please help me out. Here is what I am trying to
achieve:

      If there are 2 statements in a source program -
         S1;
         S2;

      and I know these is no data and control dependency between them and
both take large amount of time to execute. So I want to execute them
in parallel.

      So as S1 starts executing, I want to launch another thread and
execute S2 in parallel.

  I need help on how to launch a new thread and schedule some specific
code on this new thread. I searched for it but did not get satisfiable
results. Please help me out LLVM Developers.

Regards,
Gokul Ramaswamy H.C