[LLVMdev] RFC: Exception Handling Rewrite

Garrison Venn gvenn.cfe.dev at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 11:55:11 PDT 2011

Hi Eli

So I found this in Attributes.h:

const Attributes UWTable     = 1<<30;     ///< Function must be in a unwind
                                          ///table

What does this mean? In particular what does it mean not to add this as
a function attribute to a function? I'm obviously going down the wrong road in
my interpretation, as I currently have functions that unwind from, through, and to
without using this attribute. Does this have meaning for certain platforms and
thus must always be used "just in case"?

Thanks in advance

Garrison