[LLVMdev] [Frustration] API breakage

Renato Golin renato.golin at arm.com
Thu Jul 14 00:46:28 PDT 2011

On 14 July 2011 02:26, Albert Graef <Dr.Graef at t-online.de> wrote:
> That's definitely needed. Not every LLVM user tracks development on
> trunk very closely and reads every commit message. A quick note about
> the nature of API-breaking changes and a hint on how to migrate existing
> sources would be really appreciated.

I second that.

Preferably all in the same place, in order, with (approx.) revision
numbers where it happened. It'd make our jobs much easier to merge our
local base with trunk.

A simple text would suffice:

of ... have been replaced by ..., ... and ... have been deprecated,
please use ... instead.</li>

cheers,
--renato