[LLVMdev] [Frustration] API breakage

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Wed Jul 13 18:26:21 PDT 2011

On 07/13/2011 05:09 PM, Jay Foad wrote:
> I regularly make small API-breaking changes in the name of cleaning
> things up. Sorry! I'd be happy to update the release notes if folks
> reckon this is the right thing to do. Would it just mean adding a<ul>
> to the (currently empty) list in docs/ReleaseNotes.html#api_changes ?

That's definitely needed. Not every LLVM user tracks development on
trunk very closely and reads every commit message. A quick note about
the nature of API-breaking changes and a hint on how to migrate existing
sources would be really appreciated.

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag