[LLVMdev] LLVM and little-endian 32-bit MIPS code generation

Gang-Ryung Uh guh at boisestate.edu
Sat Jul 9 08:32:41 PDT 2011

We are trying to use LLVM (Clang as the C frontend) to generate code for
32-bit MIPS (little-endian)l, which can run on simplescalar 3.0
sslittle-na-sstrix platform. Can you advise what would be the right way to
use the LLVM compiler infrastructure?

The following is the one I used, but it appears that it produce the code in
big-endian (and I wonder whether the calling convention is right.) To check
the correctness of code generation in a quick and dirty way, I don't invoke
LLVM "opt"

(1) clang -emit-llvm hello.c -S -o hello.ll
(2) llvm-as hello.ll
(2) llc -march=mips hello.bc

Thanks in advance.