[LLVMdev] type-system-rewrite branch near landing

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Thu Jul 7 00:05:50 PDT 2011

An update on the type-system-rewrite branch (http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/llvm/branches/type-system-rewrite/):

It's now to the point where it passes all regression tests all of single source (and most of externals/multisource) when using an LLVM 2.9 version of clang to compile programs to a rbc file.  I have what looks like one more subtle type mapping bug to track down, which will hopefully resolve the remaining linker failures on multisource/externals.  Then I'll update the branch to ToT LLVM again.

Once I'm done with that, I'm getting eager to land the branch on mainline.  To do this, I need to update the various projects with buildbots that are going to break, specifically:

1. Clang - Jay, do you have a patch for this?  Can you create a branch of the clang repo or send an updated version of the patch to the list?

2. llvm-gcc - While I'd like for it to be dead, :) I've been asked to prolong its life a little longer.  I'll look into this.

3. dragonegg - I don't have any way to build or test this, so I can't update it.  Is anyone willing to tackle this?  The updates should be relatively straight-forward and I'm happy to help answer any questions.

I'd really like get this done and landed by this weekend.  I have a very large collection of follow-on cleanups that can also happen once the main branch lands.

-Chris