[LLVMdev] Identifying classes and its member functions

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 22:23:51 PDT 2011

> But the requirement is to generate the CDFG of only a specific function and
> hence I am looking to iterate over the member functions only.

If you just need a specific function, why are you searching through only
member functions? You could keep this general by just accepting a mangled
(or unmangled, if you include argument types & all the rest of the stuff
that goes into mangling - I expect there's an unmangling API somewhere in
clang) name & analyze that uniquely identified function.

You could even separate this function out from the LLVM bitcode so you can
run the optimizers on the function alone, potentially.

But no, I don't think Clang will give you a CDFG - either it'll compile C,
C++, ObjC* to LLVM bitcode, or it has an API over the AST to do source
analysis, but it's not really designed for much in between, so far as I
know.