[LLVMdev] Official git mirroring of llvm, clang, lldb, test-suite, etc.?

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Mon Jan 31 10:08:42 PST 2011

greened at obbligato.org (David A. Greene) writes:

>>> git-svn often doesn't work, especially if the other side also needs
>>> git-svn.
>>
>> The git mirror would be read-only, so if you want to contribute changes
>> to LLVM using git you need git-svn anyways.
>
> I pull down changes from upstream much more frequently than I send
> changes up.  To send changes up, diff+patch+svn, while not ideal, is
> workable.

Are you saying that git-svn is slow at pulling changes? It is quite okay
in my experience, unless you pull once every other month. But I can't
relate that to your original assertion quoted above.

What I recall from previous discussions is that you are interested on
having local feature branches shared among your coworkers. That's doable
with git-svn with some constraints.