[LLVMdev] VMKit - Getting Started

nicolas geoffray nicolas.geoffray at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 02:03:46 PST 2011

Hi Shin,

The latest LLVM works with VMKit on a 32bit machine. I don't have easy
access to a 64bit machine to debug your error, so building for 32bit will
help you. Besides, the MMTk GC does not work on 64bit.

MMTk has way better performance and scalability than the GC that was
originally in VMKit. See the academic papers related to MMTk as references
(ICSE'04). The original GC in VMKit did not scale well and was consuming too
much memory per object. It also does not work on 64bit.

Nicolas