[LLVMdev] VMKit - Getting Started

Shin shigoto.shin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 00:11:42 PST 2011

Hi all,

I tried the step of the Getting Started page
(http://vmkit.llvm.org/get_started.html) on Linux/x64 but I had no
luck.
I could build them. But when I tried to execute J3, it shows like follows,

>> j3: JavaRuntimeJIT.cpp:367: void* j3StartJNI(uint32*, uint32**, mvm::KnownFrame*): Assertion `th->getLastSP() == th->lastKnownFrame->currentFP' failed.

Does anybody know if the latest LLVM works with the latest VMkit?
Which version of LLVM should I use?
I also tried VMkit with MMtk and I could not let it work...

What is the advantage of using MMtk in VMkit?
I understand that is an accurate garbage collector and it sounds
better than conservative one.
Does anybody have actual comparison about the throughput and the response time?
Which one is more stable?

Thank you.

Shin