[LLVMdev] LLVM teaching materials

Christian Plessl christian.plessl at uni-paderborn.de
Mon Feb 28 02:27:55 PST 2011

Hi everyone

I am teaching a lecture on hardware/software codesign which, though not a dedicated compiler course, covers quite a bit of compiler related contents (general introduction, intermediate code, code generation).

I'm currently considering replacing and/or extending this compiler related lecture parts with an introduction to LLVM as an example for a modern compiler framework, which we are also using extensively in our research.

Does anybody know of good teaching materials on LLVM? For example, a basic compiler course that use LLVM as a example? I searched the web a bit but didn't find anything suitable.

Cheers,
  Christian