[LLVMdev] LLVM and Windows?

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Sun Feb 20 06:51:05 PST 2011

nullnull <null.function at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm actively working on Windows with LLVM/clang (not directly contributing
> yet).
>
> First of all, it does compile on Windows (only tested in Visual Studio
> 2010). But, there are still many problems:
>
> (1) x86-64 won't compile as far as I know. CMake generates 64-bit soultion,
> but one project is missing. But, 32-bit solution compiles safely.

Building with VS for x86-64 used to work, and *should* work. If it
doesn't, please create a bug report describing the problem.

> (2) Although safe compiliation, there are many broken/unimplemented features
> as of now. I can't detail everything. Some of them are very serious.

If those problems are not on the bug database, please report them.

> Currently, LLVM/clang on Windows is very experimental. I'm managed to make
> it work.

I'm successfully using the JIT on Windows (32 bits) since a long time
ago. So the level of completeness of LLVM on Windows depends on your
needs.

> I believe the future of LLVM/clang on Windows is very promising. I'm trying
> to report many bugs as much as I can, and also wish to contribute Windows
> support!

Looking forward to your contributions. But please keep in mind that a
good report is a valuable contribution too.