[LLVMdev] Fwd: Removing GCC Runtime Dependencies on Linux

Jean-Daniel Dupas devlists at shadowlab.org
Mon Dec 19 23:58:37 PST 2011

Le 20 déc. 2011 à 01:52, Shea Levy a écrit :

> On 12/19/11 7:19 PM, Howard Hinnant wrote:
>> On Dec 19, 2011, at 7:14 PM, Shea Levy wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> Is it possible, if using libc++ and compiler-rt, to have a clang with no
>>> runtime dependencies on any GCC components on Linux? If not, will this
>>> ever be possible?
>> We are working on a new libc++abi:  http://libcxxabi.llvm.org/ which carries the llvm license.
>>
>> Howard
>>

> Great! There's no Makefile or anything there, do I just link everything
> into one library or how do I use it to play around?

If you want something to play with, you can try with libcxxrt, which already does what libcxxabi is intended to do, and that is distributed under the BSD license.

https://github.com/pathscale/libcxxrt

Moreover, I think David Chisnall (which is an author of libcxxrt) has already patched libc++ to make it work with this runtime.

-- Jean-Daniel