[LLVMdev] Benchmarking for automatic parallelization project

Dan Gohman gohman at apple.com
Thu Dec 8 11:13:54 PST 2011

On Dec 1, 2011, at 11:09 AM, neda 8664 wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am looking appropriate Benchmarking for the assessment of automatic parallelization project. What Benchmarking do you suggest me?

Other people have tried to answer you directly, but I think a
broader response may also be helpful.

There is no such thing as a benchmark for the assessment of
automatic parallelization. Automatic parallelization is too
diverse a field to be coherently represented by a single benchmark,
or even a single family of benchmarks.

I suggest the following questions:

Do you have an application or area of applications you want to study?
Do you have a platform or architecture family you want to study?
Are you interested in a particular programming language, or family?
Are you studying parallelization as part of a broader inquery?

Dan