[LLVMdev] git Status

David A. Greene greened at obbligato.org
Fri Aug 19 13:38:36 PDT 2011

FlyLanguage <flylanguage at gmail.com> writes:

> 1) A misunderstanding that global revision numbers are necessary and
> that 'git describe' along with frequent tagging (commit hooks) isn't
> good enough.

I'm not sure what's needed here.  I don't care about global revision
numbers at all so I can't really comment on what should be used to
replace them with git.  Hopefully someone else who cares can chime in.

> 2) Nobody writing up how git should be used with the current llvm
> workflow (which is not going to adapt to an SCM, but the other way
> around, which is understandable.)

I'm willing to take a crack at this as I have to do something like this
already anyway.  I won't be able to get to it until next week, though.

                                -Dave