[LLVMdev] Object File Library. llvm-nm changed to match binutils-nm for COFF and ELF (32, little endian).

Michael Spencer bigcheesegs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 13:53:16 PDT 2010

I have continued to work on this and now have a working llvm-objdump
-d (object file disassembler). It currently supports both x86 and
x86-64 COFF and ELF, and it would be trivial to add support for other
architectures. Currently the output is not exactly the same as
binutils-objdump -d, and it doesn't display relocation info in the
instructions (so you end up with stuff like "call 0").

This includes all previous patches because I changed most of them.
Keeping the patches in sync isn't difficult because I use git;
however, it's getting harder to review all this code to get it
committed. I'm going to post the first 3 patches directly to
llvm-commits, but I would appreciate any help that would allow
development of this library to move to trunk, so even taking a brief
look to point out any obvious blockers would help.

- Michael Spencer