[LLVMdev] Possible missed optimization? 2.0

Borja Ferrer borja.ferav at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 10:02:44 PDT 2010

Hello Jakob, i've been trying different things like adding customized code
for the multiplication instruction instead of letting LLVM expand it however
it produced exactly the same code in all the alternatives i tested.
Please let me know when you have time if there's a way to improve the
emitted code or if it's a missed optimization. I dont know in which other
ways i could improve this since it's so basic code.

As a side note, it would be great if you could answer some doubts i wrote in
the "Register design decision for backend" thread.

Thanks for your help.