[LLVMdev] Running "make check" on Windows yields lots of unwarrented unexpected failures (HTML free this time:-)

NAKAMURA Takumi geek4civic at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 08:25:09 PDT 2010

Dirk,

I am working on tests/win32(s) too.
I can let all tests pass on msvc10 and cygming with my patches,
thought, my patches are incomplete (several of them hide potential problems)

Please see threads below in llvm-commits.
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20100927/109077.html
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20101004/109271.html

If you are ready to disclose your patches, please describe and post to
llvm-commits, thank you.
I will post mine in this week.

2010/10/31 Dirk Steinke <steinke.dirk.ml at googlemail.com>:
> 1. Add a working triple (like x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) to the failing tests.
> 2. Basically like 1., but add another test line for the registers used
>    in Win64.
> 3. XFAIL the test for Win64 (or in that case: mingw64).
> 4. Relax the tested patterns, so that they accept (at least) both
>    possible registers.

We may be aware of win64. (2) and (4) are possible.

Thank you...Takumi